Services On-Site Drop-Off Remote New PCs Used PCs Repair Maintenance Laptops Upgrades Set-Up Revovery Networking Training Macintosh Linux Web Design Falt-Rate PC Wipe PC Restore Screen Fix Wireless
Computer Maintenance and Repair
Computer repair is my specialty! From virus infections to strange noises to damaged hardware and more, I look forward to taking a Mac or PC that is infected or disabled and making it work like new.
Will your machine not turn on? I can help with that. Is a program refusing to do what you want it to? I can make it work for you. Has your computer started running slow and popping up ads all over the place? I can clean those bugs out. My repair services area available in Eugene, Springfield, and surrounding areas, and include:
- Routine Maintenance - All computers eventially need some sort of maintenance, whether it is updating the software or drivers, eliminating bugs that crop up in the system, or even physically removing dust bunnies from the machine. I can do all of this for you and more.
- Virus Removal - Even if that nasty virus is preventing you from turning on your computer at all, I can usually remove the virus and repair your software in a very reasonable amount of time.
- Malware/Spyware/Adware Removal - Spyware and Adware differ from viruses in that they are often legitimately installed by other software that you use, and the consent for this questionable activity is frequently buried in those long End User License Agreements that hardly anyone ever reads. Fortunately, this too can be removed effectively, making your computer work well again.
- Computer Startup Repair - If your computer fails to boot, asking you to start in "safe mode" or to run "startup repair", don't panic. These issues can usually be repaired to litte to no impact on your valuable data.
- Boot Speed Improvement - Does your computer take ten minutes to start up? Do you press the power button, go get a cup of coffee, and come back to not have it running again? The normal startup time for a Mac or PC is between 45 seconds and two minutes. There is no reason for most computers to take longer than that to boot, and I can save you loads of time by cleaning up your computer's startup procedures.
- Disk Corruption Repair - Hard drive corruption can be the most frightening and dangerous form of computer problem because it impacts the most irreplacable part of computer: your files and the data that they contain. However, with my experience and tools I can clear the corruption and can often restore your files to their previous state. I should note that to repair heavily-damaged file systems, I may not be able to perform the repair on-site and may instead need to take your hard drive with me to more quickly diagnose and repair the problem with more advanced equipment than I carry for my on-site services.
- Data Recovery - Click this link for an overview of my data recovery services. But above all, if you have lost a file that you want to recover, turn off the computer and do not use it until I or someone else experienced in data recovery has a chance to take a look at it.
- Background Software Removal - One primary cause of a slow computer is the number of programs that run needlessly in the background, without your knowledge. In Windows, look at the bottom-right of your screen next to the clock (and click the arrow there if one is present). If you have a multitude of colorful little icons there, that is one indication that you might have this problem. Removing these nasty little background programs and cleaning up your PC is one of my specialties.
- Advertising Software Removal - Do ads constantly pop-up on your computer, only to return again and again if you try to close them? These are usually caused by malicious pieces of software that I am able to remove.
- Laptop-Specific Repairs - Check this link to find out what other services that I can perform for your mobile computer.
- And much more!